Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Flight Plans- Letter Home 8/31/2011

Sawadii! Sooo flight plans are in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooohoooo! So exciting! I leave in 6 days!!!!!!!!! So everyone went around and guessed what they thought the route would be. I said SLC-LAX-Tokyo-Bangkok. Don't worry, it's even better.

Here's the deal. We leave the MTC at 6:30 pm on Monday.

Our flight leaves SLC at 10:00 pm

We land in San Francisco at 11:00pm (CA time)

We leave California at 1:20 am

We land in, get this, HONG KONG at 6:35 am (China time)

We leave China at 8:35 am

Arrive in Bangkok on Sept. 7, 10:35 am.


Something like 19 hours on a plane. I love that we don't have to go to LAX, gross.

So I'm guessing I'll talk to you in SLC, San Fran or HK. Not really sure yet. We have a free day on Monday cause we're leaving so late so I will email you that day sometime.

So Jordan is gone, sad :( but I gave him 2 big hugs goodbye, we got a picture at the map, don't worry, and he seemed ready to go. It's weird to think I won't see anyone for 16 more months. Doesn't seem real since I can still tell I'm in Provo haha. Maybe it will hit me in Thailand.

So I have to be quick but I'll write a better email about these last 2 weeks on Monday. It's rough trying to relay all the things I need you to send and then still type a full email in 30 min.

We got a letter from one of our Phiithays, Elder Segura, and we finally found out where all of them are serving. We made a big map and it's so awesome and weird to think we'll be in those places in a week. Can't wait.

Things are still good at the MTC though. I love classes and will miss that time to just soak in Thai and how to teach. We all wish we could take our teachers with us. But even though our language is still super rough, we are all so ready to get into the real thing.

Being here helps your testimony to grow a ton but because of that it makes you want to go out and share it more. Everyone gets so into it and you start to learn to love these people you've never met because your teachers love them so much and are here because they want to continue helping them in any way they can and that love is infectious. I love this gospel and I love that it is important enough that we don't keep it to ourselves. That wouldn't make any sense!


I love you and will write more before I leave the country :)

No comments:

Post a Comment