Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Letter home 8/17/11

Hanloo!

The Nongthays are here! They seem great! The solo sister is awesome. Her name is Sister Knutson and I really like her. We've decided that the people called to Thailand have to be mature, it must be a necessity because there is such a difference in the missionaries going to Thailand and missionaries in general. It's weird, but oh so obvious. Especially with the Elders. I hear the conversations and see how most of the Elders in other districts act and it's kind of crazy to realize that our Elders are the same age as all these little boys haha. We've heard so many stories that don't fit into our perception of how Elders act because of the great example of ours. The phiithays and the nongthays are the same. I don't know exactly what it is but I'm not complaining!

Hermana Davis (Brynne) left for Argentina on Monday :( I'm going to miss our nightly chats as we brush our teeth. She was only 2 rooms away from me. I got her address though and we took a picture by the map. I really am going to be half a world away!

We had 2 familiar speakers this week, President Cecil Samuelson and Sister Rosemary Wixom. It was fun to see some familiar faces.

Let's see, I got stung by a bee on Saturday as I was walking up to the field for gym. Way weird. Somehow it got on the underside of my left arm, right where my t-shirt sleeve hits. Random. No big deal though since I'm not allergic.

I got called on to speak in sacrament. We have to prepare a 3 minute talk on a specific subject every week and then we find out after the sacrament which two missionaries are going to speak. I spoke on repentance. I think I shared Alma 5:26-27, I could be wrong. If it talks about "sing a song" then that's it haha. But I focused on the relationship between repentance and the Atonement and how the only way we won't take that gift for granted is to use the other gift we are given, repentance.

My khuu was really sick this week. We almost took her to the hospital. She has bronchitis and almost pnemonia. She wasn't telling anyone because she was worried about her family and didn't want to be a burden. Luckily we got it all out of her and she's doing a bit better now that she's had a blessing and been to the doctor. So pray for her and for me to know how to help her and for her to trust me.

We find out flight plans in 9 days! That means I can talk to you in Thai in 20!


Love you!

Sister King


No comments:

Post a Comment