Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Letter home 8/3/11

Sawadii kha!

Hope all is well on the home front. Sounds like Bear Lake was a good time, next time I go, I'll for surely be able to bike around the lake with all of you! Sorry you had to stay home for a fun root canal Dad. Probably not as fun as the lake.

Aunt Carla was right though, Bear Lake is great as usual but the MTC is definitely better haha ;) This week was good but kind of rough. We found out that one of our teachers was leaving because he was offered a accounting job and since he has to support a wife and all he had to take it. So on Saturday we all thanked him and had a little testimony meeting, got a picture with him, and then he was gone. It was a sight to see. The minute he walked out the door I'm pretty sure 9 of the 12 of us burst in to tears haha. We are super bummed about it. Brother Everton was amazing! Even though he was born and raised here he is like a real Thai person, it's great! It was always weird to hear him speak English because it seemed so natural for him to speak Thai. So after that sad goodbye we had to say good by to the older district, our phiithays. They left for Thailand at 6:00 am on Monday morning so we had to say goodbye to them on Sunday. They probably just landed in Thailand this afternoon. They flew to LAX and then straight to Thailand! I sort of hope we get to stop in Japan, Korea, or China instead of just going straight there but we'll see what happens. Anyway, it's been really weird without them. They made the MTC a lot more fun but we'll probably be more studious without them around since we're stuck with just the 12 of us :)

So in losing Bro. Everton, Sis. Monterrosa and I lost our Progressive Investigator (which totally stinks because we were doing amazing with him!). But now, since the Phiithays our gone we get their teacher, Sis. Wanwirapab (the native) to replace Bro. Everton. That means she's our new PI. Way intimidating! She is tough but we were able to invite her and she is willing to let us come back and teach her so I will keep you updated on how that goes. I'm getting really good at bearing my testimony about God and how he's our Heavenly Father and all that that implies. The Thai is coming slowly but I do feel it coming. It's kind of crazy to think about it but I'm loving Thai. It's much prettier than I expected. Not as pretty as French but for an Asian language, I'm happy :)

I finished getting my immunizations last week. No more shots! They actually weren't to bad but I'm still glad to be done.

Let's see, on Friday Sis Monterrosa and I taught District Study and we focused on the Our Purpose sections of Preach My Gospel with some advice from Bro. Everton. He and we were definitely inspired in our subject choice because it was the best meeting we'd had as a district and I think it really helped us be more unified. The Spirit was really strong and we learned a lot from each other.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I am the new branch Music Coordinator so I just choose the hymns, pianist, chorister, and musical number every week. So this last week I played the hymns in Sacament. I know, what? Since I can barely play the hymns at all... Luckily, Heavenly Father helped me and I made it through. Definitely not perfectly but good enough. One of the speakers last week talked about how Heavenly Father because Heavenly Father's love is infinite, he cares about every little thing we care about because we care about it. So my fear of playing the dumb piano was as big a deal to Him as it was to me and because I took the time to practice and ask for help, He let me know that He cared and helped me to be calm. Definitely not a big deal but it's always such a comfort to know He's there for us even when it's just the little things.

I think that's all for today. Oh, tell Candice congratulations! Grandma King wrote me about her engagement. How exciting!

Talk to you next week!

Love, Sister King


No comments:

Post a Comment