Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Letter Home 8/23/11

Sawadii,

This will be fast since I had to write the list of things I need you to send me.

This week was good, they're going by fast!

Last P-day was Elder Thacker's birthday and so some of the missionaries in our district had family members send cake, cupcakes, cookies for us to celebrate with. It was delicious!

Sister Knutson, the new solo sister, and I, were challenged to eat 5 bowls of cereal in one sitting. haha so we had to prove that we could. Yep, I should just be a 19 year old boy, I know. I ate 5 bowls of cinnamon toast crunch and with my regular ratio of milk to cereal (milk: 2 cereal:1). That was a lot of cereal. They said I had to fill the bowl with cereal so the amount of times I had to add milk was ridiculous. haha wow, I feel awesome admitting that I actually did something this mature but hey, I had to show the Elders what was up, right?

I was asked to sing in Sacrament again. This time by myself and Sis. Roper was kind enough to play. I sang "I Stand All Amazed" and I can not sing that song or even read the words without feeling the Spirit. I love it! I don't know if it conveyed itself to everyone else but it always overwhelms me.

I found out about Jordan's flight plans. I hope that we don't get to Thailand in the morning. It would be rough to have the whole day ahead of us after traveling forever.

We got two new teachers this week to replace Bro. Everton and Bro. Miles (Bro. Miles was over the other district of thays). Bro. Olsen has been teaching double-shifts like crazy and the new teachers still have to be trained. Both Bro. Jenkins and Bro. McKonkie seem great though. They probably won't teach us much but they'll be able to help when we have questions.

Our investigators are doing well. They're progressing slowly but we're working on them. Phiidom is having a rough time keeping his commitment to pray and we're hoping to use Joseph Smith as an example of prayer next week. Phiiphen loves to pray but we talked to her about Christ and the Atonement and she understands that he suffered and that he suffered for everyone but she doesn't understand how it can help her in her life right now. She says she's happy and a good person so why does she need it. We plan on explaining that she is using it when she prays everyday. Hopefully we can get a little farther with them this week.

Thanks for the postcards and letters! I love hearing from you!

Sorry the email is so short, I'll write more next week!


Love you all!

Sis. King


No comments:

Post a Comment